As we approach the end of the school year, we wanted to share important information about your child(ren)’s district-provided Google Chromebooks.
- All students — with the exception of students taking LS R-7 summer school classes — will turn in their Chromebooks at the end of the school year based on a schedule determined by each school.
- Students enrolled in summer school, including R-7 online courses, will take their Chromebooks home over the summer, turning them in when summer school ends.
- Students will turn digital devices including power supplies into the homeroom/advisory teacher who will verify that the Chromebook and power supply has been returned.
- At the beginning of the 2017-18 school year, each student in grades 2-12 will receive the same Chromebook he/she used during the previous school year.
- If a student’s Chromebook has physical damage right now — such as broken keys or damage to the plastic housing — please have your child turn it in immediately to have this damage fixed before your school’s Chromebook collection date. This will ensure that technology has time to fix the device before it is stored for summer.
- Our school’s collection date will be May 16 .
For more information about the end-of-the-year Chromebook collection, please visit http://connect2learn.lsr7.org/faqs/. This website also includes the replacement cost for lost power supply equipment.